Depending on your resource, there are many ideas of what is covered in an energy assessment. As a BPI certified energy analyst & Calif Home Energy Rater (HERS), we conduct comprehensive energy assessments and can provide you with Energy Efficiency reports.
Benefits of these assessments:
- Thorough analysis of the home’s energy efficiency
- The cost-effectiveness of energy efficient improvements, lower utility costs
- Identify tangible comfort improvements
- Health & Safety considerations
- Rebates & Financing available to offset your EE improvements
Please download our sample Energy Efficiency reports to see these benefits. We encourage you to contact us to discuss your specific needs and concerns.
Energy Efficiency Performance Report
This Energy Efficiency report is based on capturing: an inventory of fixed appliances, home dimensions including windows & orientation and diagnostic testing. It also captures your utility rates and weather data specific to your property. All this data is compiled and modeled and identifies energy usage breakdown and seasonality. The biggest benefit is that it identifies the effectiveness of energy efficiency improvements. Each improvement will identify annual utility savings and energy efficiency ratio. This greatly helps the homeowner to identify what and where to implement energy efficiency improvements.
- Inventory of fixed appliances: heating/cooling, water heater, kitchen & laundry
- Building measurements including walls, windows, roof and their EE characteristics
- Diagnostics testing for air leakage and ducting leakage
Lastly, these reports will identify rebates available through Energy Upgrade Calif.
Energy Efficiency Conditions Report
The Energy Efficiency inspection report provides an assessment of all of the major components in a home that affect its energy efficiency.
- Specific climate
- Building characteristics including age, orientation
- Insulation conditions of walls, ceilings and crawlspace
- Window types, orientation
- Roof ventilation
- Heating/cooling/ducting systems
- Water heater
- Appliances – Kitchen & laundry
- Lighting and controls
- Energy Utility bill review
- Health & Safety conditions
This helps identify any conditions of these areas what will contribute on the homes energy efficiency with lower utility costs, improve comfort and making home healthier and safe